21 Sep 2018 share article
Software Delivery Manager
As a Software Delivery Manager, you are the liaison between our sales, project management, and the development team. As part of the project management team, you will stand in the middle of our organization, therefore each day will be different. You could start the day analyzing projects with the head of Project Management, followed by coaching and advising developers, and finish the day off strong by consulting with the management team on diverse business options.
A Software Delivery Manager here at Ireckonu works with all levels of people both in and outside of our organization. You are a great planner and have consistent knowledge of what is going on, short term and long term. You not only know where the challenges arise, but you can adjust accordingly when things are about to go sideways. You continuously reflect on the work being done, as well as what needs to be accomplished and improved so our developers can optimize their time, benefiting both the team working on the project and our clients who expect nothing short of exceptional.
Here at Ireckonu we are more than a team, priding ourselves on our diverse range of nationalities and backgrounds. Family, partnership, universal principles, and a passion for technology – these five core values are integral to each and every team member and embody who we are and what we represent as a company. Come as you are, work hard, and make these five principles your own. In order for us to progress in an ever-changing industry, we all need to be on a relentless pursuit for a single, data-driven truth.
Ireckonu designs, develops and integrates forward-thinking, hybrid middleware using Microservices that flow data seamlessly between on-premise and above-property systems. We focus specifically on catering to the needs of the individual, not only to ensure optimal success but to provide a sleek, tech-savvy method of both gathering data and implementing that data to create a one-of-a-kind guest experience. (how – examples)
Ireckonu’s Middleware includes products (IRECKONU Core, IKnowU, IConnectU) that provide top of the line data optimization. These innovative installments vastly increase the quality of guest data by creating a single guest profile, entailing all the information that would normally be stored in trapped, virtually inaccessible data silos. Partners benefit greatly because of Ireckonu’s middleware solutions; due to the ability to centralize data, partners of Ireckonu increase operational efficiency, improves organizational stability, and enables guest experience in its true form.
- Manage the entire software development lifecycle, from coding to release, and defines improvement for it;
- Set up and continuously improve the agile framework, tailored to suit our unique needs;
- Estimate development tasks and work breakdown, in consultation with the Development Leads, to support customer project managers in the creation of the time plan;
- Communicate with customer project managers, on behalf of the development team, to understand and clarify requirements, assess the feasibility and raise impediments;
- Ensure prerequisites to start development are met;
- Allocate resources across internal and external projects and operations as prioritized by the Head of Development;
- Communicate timelines for software delivery internally in a well visible and simple manner;
- Monitor development team members to ensure activities are completed by defined timelines and scope, updates stakeholders internally and escalate when necessary;
- Support senior management in addressing resource needs (capacity, training, etc.) and opportunities for improvement based on key metrics.
- You have a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- You have 3+ years of working experience in a similar role delivering software for cloud-based solutions;
- You are experienced as a transformer and facilitator of development teams of 10+ FTE in an international environment using agile methodologies;
- You were a software developer yourself (preferably .NET Framework, C#);
- You are familiar with development tools such as JIRA, Trello, Confluence, etc;
- You are passionate about technology and improving existing ways of working in order to maximize team performance and increase quality;
- You are pragmatic and able to think outside of the box;
- You have strong leadership and influencing skills;
- You are enthusiastic to work in an environment with frequently changing priorities and scope;
- You have excellent communication skills in English (written and oral).
Are you interested in working at Ireckonu? Contact Dave Romney for more information or send your motivational letter and resume to email@example.com.